A rather interesting piece of wood dropped of by a neighbor trying to sweeten the deal for a knife I was not planning on selling. Originally dirty and pretty rotten I figured the one place the pattern was visible that it may prove interesting. So last week after not being able to pick out a handle material I started cutting up the block and ended up with three blocks that can be turned into handles. Made a template of the knife handle and after a little bit of testing I cut out the first slab, part way through the trial and error part of test fitting and sanding. Really looking interesting but a small part of me thinks a small color band front and rear would really make the handle stand out. Big plan is pinless handle but small part of me says hidden pins. Mind you after trying to remove handle scales after removing the pins I should not worry, 2Lb hammer and chisel didn't work and resorted to sawing the scales off and then removing the last little bit with the belt sander. Will be picking up Loctite 326 with 7649 activator primer at some point for future handles but this time it will be G-Flex epoxy. Figure since the handle slabs are basically snap in once fitted any shear loads will be carried by the bolster and pommel primarily.