1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's Call It A Utility Knife

Discussion in 'Fixed Blades' started by snailgixxer, Sep 27, 2015.

  1. snailgixxer

    snailgixxer Golf season is here:)!!!!

    Likes Received:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Here is a knife I finished up after it sat for months. It's 440c, can't remember what wood type it is.. I want to say olive wood?! But can't be certain. The pins were experimental, copper tube with acrylic epoxy filling dyed dark blue. They turned out alright. Sheath is 8oz. First time trying to make it have a sunburst effect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. dancom

    dancom Dust Maker Best Shop Tool

    Likes Received:
    1,093
    Trophy Points:
    113
    I like it. Cool idea with the blue pins. I will have to try that sometime.
    The sheath has a sort of antique weathered look to it. Did you daub the dye on randomly to achieve that effect?
     
  3. snailgixxer

    snailgixxer Golf season is here:)!!!!

    Likes Received:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    18
    I have 3 different dyes, black, dark brown and brown. I did it bass ackwards in hindsight, I started at the edge and the spine with black and then used the dark brown and brown progressively as I got closer to the centre, and I used cloth to blend it by rubbing it quickly before it soaked in to much. Next time I think I'll try going from centre out, light to dark respectfully. Although it turned out how I wanted it to, so who's to say which is the correct order of operations. The blue pins was kind of a fluke idea. I used my brake bleed pump and basically sucked it through so it would be uniform inside the tube
     

Share This Page