So, my grandfather bought me a knife at a garage sale 30 years ago, and I abused it, and then neglected it for 20 years. Last year, I brought the blade back as far as I dared. (Still some pitting, but it'd be paper thin by the time I got all of it out). The handle was stacked leather, and had gotten wet, was moulding, and disintegrating. So I decided to put a new handle on it. It's my first knife related project, and it's by no means perfect, but I'd like constructive criticism on the job I did. https://m.imgur.com/gallery/TUVYU I hope the pictures come through. The first one is the before pic, the second one is after creating a rectangular hole in the old sledge hammer handle for the tang, and then the final product.