Canadian Knifemaker is committed to safeguarding members’ privacy. This policy explains how we treat the information you provide to us.
What information we collect
We may collect some or all of the following:
- Your name, email address, city, birthdate, and other information you provide in your account settings and member profile.
- Information about your computer, including the IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about your activity on the site, including pages viewed, length of stay, alert settings.
What we do with the information
All the information we collect is used for
- administering the forums
- sending you alerts and email notices you have requested
- providing access to forum services
Canadian Knifemaker does not share any information about our members with third parties.
We take all reasonable steps to safeguard members’ information (i.e.: ensuring the forum software is kept updated, applying security patches, etc.) However we cannot protect against every possibility. Additionally, members are responsible for maintaining the security of their account passwords. Canadian Knifemaker staff will never ask a member for their password.
We may disclose any or all information about a member if required
- by law
- in connection with a legal or criminal proceeding.
This site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites.
While private messages between members (referred to as “conversations”) are viewable only by the senders and receivers within a conversation, the content of those private messages is stored in plain text within the forum database and should not be considered "secure" content.
Note:Only an Administrator can access the database.
This policy may be updated from time to time. Any changes will be announced in the forums.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom right of the forum home page.